Warning, I’m about to be really frank about my finances here, if you don’t want to know then look away now! Apologies in advance that this is a bit of a random post.
It’s the final countdown until we leave. In 11 days time I’ll be finishing up work to jump on the tube and head to the Hilton for the night. Then it’s up at 6:30am to catch a flight to Colombo! Woot woot!
This has sent me into a slight panic, especially when I look at my bank balance. The scales are slowly getting there so I’m not worried but wow, do weddings drain you of all your spare cash and more? Yes, yes they do.
Here’s a rough estimate of how much I’ve spent on looking good for my wedding day alone: £1500 (when you see it on paper it’s frightening!).
I’m not going to go into specifics but in that figure includes:
- Dress: a bargain, especially when you consider that the maker of it designed and made it herself and it is beautiful.
- Make-up: being pretty much entirely Bobbi Brown and Benefit at least I know it’ll last me a couple of years; scarily the amount spent on my face alone is way way more than the dress!
- The world’s most beautiful shoes… see below.
- Three month’s Virgin gym membership and a brilliant 18 month stint with British Military Fitness.
- Hair cut and highlights this coming Tuesday: I’m probably going to need an extra mortgage for that appointment~
- Beautician appointments: Waxing (by the way, Benefit do the most thorough job I’ve ever seen~); Lash and brow tint + shape; Mani-pedi at Chelsea Day Spa (best deal in town, amazing service); Spray tan the day before we leave.
- New holiday clothes and bikini – my old travelling clothes have fallen apart after a long service, luckily H&M is your friend when it comes to holidays~
- All the other randoms along the way – like better fitting dresses that come with losing more than 10lbs…
I could have done with a bunch of other things, I could have also done this all for less than half the price if I’d chosen to go a bit more budget but I think it’s all been worth it.
Little finds of late:
- Benefit Hoola – makes you look like you’ve actually seen the sun during this sunless summer London is having. It’s gorgeous and doesn’t make you look orange.
- No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara – I’ve come to the conclusion that this is THE best mascara I have ever used. And I’m normally a high-end girl when it comes to my lashes, having tried at least 50 types of mascara since I started using it as a teen. It’s a combination of a great formula and amazing brush: gets every single last lash, lengthens them and gives a lovely curl.
- Pedi-egg – for the at home pedicure girl. Clean, tidy and makes your feet super smooth and lovely.
- No7 Protect and Perfect Intense Eye Cream – another No7 gem which almost beats Clinique’s exceptional eye creams but is cheaper. It took about a month but now I’ve seen the results (smoother, less tired looking under the eye area) and can’t live without it.